As part of the school’s ICT provision, we have access to a state of the art TV station. Our TV Studio is an excellent vehicle for developing skills in a fun and up to date way, used as part of the creative curriculum as well as part of a dedicated TV team and we broadcast our own live shows.
Some of the many benefits are;
- Improve speaking listening skills.
- Develops working together and problem solving.
- Engages learners with 21st century ICT skills.
- Builds live show broadcasting.
- Develops literacy skills.
- Develops confidence.
- Provides a greater, real world context, to work by providing the children with a wider audience, beyond their own classroom walls.
Pupils from all year groups, have the opportunity to work as part of a TV team, that works together to broadcast TV shows. These shows include topical conversation, school news and current, interviews and more.
Follow us on Twitter @AbercarnPS_GDA